Updated: Feb 21, 2021
We are heading towards the year 2021 during the world covid19 pandemic and no one knows what the future holds for us.
It has been a very testing time for everyone but as a yoga and wellness teacher, I am aware that I have possibly got a different outlook than some people.
We often move into a new year with the intensions of setting ourselves a New Year resolution, where we are willing to give up to make our lives better for the future, but after the year that we have all been through, why would we want or even feel the need to do this that way?
As a yoga and wellness teacher it makes perfect sense to me this year to give up and let go of everything that most of us carry around with us for years. Things that are damaging to our health and wellbeing. Past experiences that we have gone through which we are often still holding onto the pain from. Past relationships and friendships that have caused us sadness. Anxiety, stress, insecurity, hurt and sorrow which have all been caused by something or someone in our past.
New beginnings aren't about depriving your body and mind of things that make us feel nice. It is a time of year that our bodies need nurturing and nourishing.
We need to learn more than ever to be kind to ourselves, so give yourself permission to do that. Let go of the things that do not serve us, learn to chuck it in the f__k it bucket, replace them with things that make you feel great. Learn a little self love by telling yourself that you are enough.
Not everything needs to be perfect, it is more important to be happy and well.
This year has changed everything so much that it can never go back to how it once was. That will never happen!
Life is about moving forward, it is about learning tough lesson that teach you how to grow, often even in a better direction than it once was.
So for a change as this New Year approaches
* Tick what you can off your 'to do list' before the year end.
* Start writing a journal acknowledging what you have achieved each day.
* Set yourself sensible targets of things that you would like to achieve that aren't impossible.
* Treat yourself once a week, you deserve this
* Meditation - This is the perfect time of year to start it.
* Relaxation - Remember that this is just as important as exercise.
* Find something new to bring into your life that you enjoy.
* Be kind to yourself
* REMEMBER ALL OF THE WONDERFUL THINGS THAT YOU HAVE DONE IN 2020!